TGS Comprehensive Socio-Academic Program
What makes TGS the most comprehensive educational program to engage students with Asperger’s?
- TGS’ socio-academic program integrates development of the whole person. We know adolescent development, and we know Asperger’s, and these insights are reflected in our program.
- TGS’ program planning builds from the inside out, AND from the outside in. We go inside the kids and families to truly understand who they are and what they need. We go outside into the community to see where kids want to go, what resources they have in place, and what other help they’ll need to get there.
- TGS is responsive. Even in our specialized setting, there is no one-size-fits-all program. Our team of caring adults is intuitive, empathetic, and sensitive to student needs. We don’t stop adjusting a student’s program until it’s working.
- TGS is collaborative. We work closely with the outside professionals who support our students. We join with likeminded organizations to provide support for the greater ASD community. We provide opportunities for our students through meaningful partnerships with local businesses, from catering to recreation to animal welfare and more.
- TGS’ model is strength-based. We build on awarenesses, abilities, and strengths that are already present. We create opportunities for our students to discover new things about themselves.