2019-2020 Tuition & Fees
Tuition for newly-enrolled students at TGS is $38,000. During the first year of enrollment, new students receive additional support services to ensure a smooth transition into the TGS community. Following the first year, tuition for high school students ranges from $33,000 to $37,5000, depending on the level of student support needed. Tuition for continuing middle school students ranges from $35,000 to $39,500, due to additional support provided within middle school classrooms. Observation and data collection during the first year determines the student’s subsequent support needs.
There is a $500 application fee due with the application materials. This fee is non-refundable, and represents a portion of the staff time devoted to scoring assessments, reviewing records, observing student visitations and evaluating the student’s potential fit within the TGS community.
A $2,500 deposit is due at the time of enrollment, and will be credited toward the student’s total tuition amount. Returning families who complete the enrollment process by the priority enrollment deadline will receive a $500 early enrollment discount.
The balance of the tuition, or the first scheduled tuition payment, is due on or before August 1, prior to the start of each academic year. Monthly or semi-annual payment plans may be set up through the FACTS Tuition Management service.
Incidental fees not included in tuition (for Plus One enrichment courses, field trips, materials, etc.) will be billed through FACTS as they are incurred.
Limited tuition assistance is available for both current and new families. To help us objectively assess what a family is financially able to contribute, TGS employs the FACTS system to determine eligibility for tuition assistance.
TGS uses FACTS calculations as a baseline, taking into consideration the needs of our entire applicant pool. If your family has extenuating circumstances that won’t be reflected in the standard FACTS calculation, please provide us with a letter describing the circumstances and include copies of any documentation available.
Tuition assistance awards are determined by the Tuition Assistance committee, and awarded at the discretion of the Office of Admission. All awards are based on a student’s demonstrated need, motivation for learning, and potential for active participation in the TGS community.
For more information about FACTS: click here
TGS Tuition Assistance Guidelines
- Tuition assistance is for tuition only and does not cover additional support services, or student fees.
- Tuition assistance is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to students who have been officially accepted to TGS.
- Families must re-apply for Tuition Assistance and complete the Parents’ Financial Statement for each new school year.
Tuition Assistance Process
- Families may apply by completing the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) available through FACTS. The school code for Temple Grandin School is 5028.
- Families will be notified by letter or email as to their award status.
- Final awards are determined and credited to the family’s account as of the date we receive the student’s signed contract and deposit. Prior to this time, awards may be subject to change due to on-going enrollment and dispersal of tuition assistance to other qualifying students.